The marriage and family therapist industry will experience future growth of 30 percent, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This is due in part to an increased recognition of the field. It is more common for people to seek help for their marital and family problems than it was in the past. Our graduates can feel assured that they'll find exceptional opportunities for gainful, rewarding employment.
Our grads find work in a variety of settings, to name a few:
- Private and Public Mental Health Agencies
- Behavioral Health Units
- Chemical Dependency Facilities
- Adolescent Day Treatment
- Hospice Programs
- Home-Based Family Therapy
- Community Social Service Agencies
- Alternative Schools
- Faith Communities and Churches
- Employee Assistance Programs
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $494 per graduate credit — customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.