Get Your HDFS Degree Online
The HDFS online degree program is designed for individuals with an associate’s degree or equivalent who wish to increase professional potential by earning a bachelor’s degree in HDFS.
Online Program Highlights
- Courses delivered 100% online by award-winning faculty
- Consistent Fall, Spring, and Summer program course offerings
- Support from Adult Student Services Coordinators and Distance Librarians
- Efficient transferability of credits
- Proven preparation for graduate school
Our full-time tenured or tenure-track program faculty have worked to create a flexible and enhanced online learning environment that fits your schedule with full time and part time options.
UW-Stout's online Bachelor of Science degree in Human Development and Family Studies is known in the field for quality education and effectively preparing graduates for being competent, ethical professionals.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's online degree customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $342 per undergraduate credit — customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.