Family and Consumer Sciences Education Distance Delivery Option
UW-Stout has developed a distance education option to meet the needs of place-bound individuals seeking certification and a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
Teacher education courses are delivered online:
- Methods of instruction
- Course construction
- Class/lab management
Technical courses in the major/discipline area can be taken at UW-Stout or your closest technical college.
Required general education courses can be taken online through UW-Stout or another accredited college or university.
Our online program is designed for:
- Individuals who desire to teach but have difficulty relocating to UW-Stout to earn a degree
- People who have been hired under an emergency license
- Teachers seeking additional licenses.
The courses can be completed in three years. Upon completion, you will be awarded a Family and Consumer Sciences Education degree from UW-Stout.Advisement will be provided by UW-Stout program directors with the added bonus of a student services specialist.
Note: This program is designed to meet the requirements for licensure in the State of Wisconsin. Students from other states will need to contact their state regarding licensure requirements.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's online degree customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $334 per undergraduate credit — customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.