Teaching Interests: Heather assists Stout instructors with developing course assignments that make use of archival resources in a wide variety of academic disciplines.
Administers the UW-Stout University Archives and the Area Research Center for Dunn, Barron, and Pepin Counties. Collaborates with Stout faculty on classroom projects and provides primary source instruction sessions to faculty and students. Serves as Stout's campus Records Officer.
- MA American History
- MA Library and Information Science
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA, 2002
- MA Historical Administration
Eastern Illinois University
- BA History/Political Science
Dubuque, IA, 2000
Licensures and Certifications
- Digital Archives Specialist: Society of American Archivists
- Certified Archivist: Academy of Certified Archivists
Grants, Contracts, and Sponsored Research
- Stecklein, H. (2002) “History of UW-Stout Campus Photographs Project.". Sponsored by University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center (Funded).
- Stecklein, H. "Chicago Medical Institutions: Newsletters, Reports, and Reminiscences.". Sponsored by Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (Funded).
- Stecklein, H. "100 Years of Breathing Life into the Community at the American Lung Association of Metropolitan Chicago". Sponsored by Illinois Humanities Council, $10000 (Funded).
- Stecklein, H. “Wildcats and arbitration: Striking practices among Des Moines rubber workers, 1949-1959.” . Sponsored by State Historical Society of Iowa (Funded).
- Midwest Archives Conference (MAC)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Committee Member, 125th Anniversary Planning Committee (2015 - Present)
- Committee Member, Campus Exteriors Development Committee (2015 - Present)
- Committee Member, Homecoming Steering Committee (2014 - Present)
- Committee Member, ImageStout Standardization Committee (2014 - Present)
- Committee Member, CUWL Digital Initiatives Coordinating Committee (2015 - Present)
- Officer, Vice President, UW-System Archives Council (2015 - Present)
- Committee Member, University of Wisconsin Records Officer Council (2012 - Present)
- Committee Member, UW-System Archives Council (2012 - Present)
- Member, Midwest Archives Conference Program Committee (2015 - 2016)
- Officer, President/Elect/Past, Chicago Area Medical Archivists (2007 - 2010)