Our online Teaching K-12 Computational Thinking course will help you guide your students in developing the ability to problem solve, recover from failure, and persevere through coding challenges. You can give your students computational thinking strategies to identify relevant, real-world problems.
Our Computational Thinking course includes how to:
- Design challenges that integrate computational thinking with concepts in all curricular areas.
- Develop computational thinking activities for your grade-level and subject area with an existing unit of instruction.
- Evaluate and select print, digital and online computational thinking resources.
- Use coding language based on your background of experience.
- Maximize and model effective classroom management when working in collaborative teams.
We'll discuss computational thinking research, issues, and problems, including problem-based learning, computer coding and application in STEM-related fields.
We invite you to enroll in our Computational Thinking course to meet your professional development foals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
Our online Computational Thinking course allows you to complete your weekly assignments as they best fit your schedule. All discussion postings and projects are submitted online.
Our students include:
- Tech integration teachers
- Educational technology teachers
- Elementary, middle school, and high school educators
- School library media specialists
- STEM educators
- Those working with incarcerated youth outside of traditional K-12 education
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.
Online Course 3 semester hours graduate credit
Instructor: Jennifer Kennedy
Fall: September 30 - November 22, 2019
Tuition: $452 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,356 per course)
Fall Tuition Due - October 2019